Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Materials Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Bethel, CT facility.
The Senior Materials Planner will anticipate and fulfill the needs of internal and external customers by coordinating the material flow with production order schedules in a proper sequence to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders. Supervise Shipping and Stockroom team of 6, ensuring adequate coverage, training, and compliance with processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead Shipping and Stockroom team to include scheduling, cross training, process documentation, performance reviews, resolution of roadblocks impeding their work, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Schedule manufacturing and procurement of product to ensure on-time delivery, appropriate capacity utilization, and maintain appropriate levels of inventory.
- Maintain MRP action message count within approved levels.
- Schedule/initiate subassembly and subcontract material procurement while providing support through expediting efforts.
- Analyze MRP to determine if proper inventory levels are being maintained to support customer requirements for on-time delivery.
- Monitor inventory transactions to assure material is being processed in an accurate and timely manner. Identify and communicate potential delays and/or problems to internal and external customers which may impede finished goods delivery.
- Create line of balance reports for past due components so that schedule impacts can be communicated to internal and external customers and management.
- Maintain high levels of communication with all departments to ensure optimum flow of materials and information status through all product phases. Demonstrate total ownership of all aspects of material/production planning for assigned product lines by attending status meetings and issuing reports to meet internal/external demands.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in material planning or related manufacturing experience (such as Team Lead, Group Lead, High Performance Work Team member).
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refuge
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Bethel, CT will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- APICS CPIM certification highly desirable
- Lean / Continuous Improvement experience
- Strong project management skills
- Highly developed communication and administrative skills to respond to complex and cross-functional challenges
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No