Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a General Manager, Distribution and Supply Chain to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga, ON location.
The General Manager,
Distribution and Supply Chain is responsible for providing strategic and
operational leadership of high volume order fulfillment distribution centers in
Canada. The position is responsible for operational leadership in Canada for
multiple Eaton divisions and channels as well as providing functional
excellence support for the divisional facilities.
This position will ensure product receipt, storage, and order fulfillment operations through the optimization of resources and processes while achieving key safety, quality, cost, and engagement performance. The General Manager Distribution and Supply Chain role will drive the operation, development, and implementation of key processes to ensure compliance within company policies and procedures. By using continual process improvement tools (such as Lean and Six Sigma), the General Manager Distribution and Supply Chain will lead employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are involved, empowered, and committed to the success of the company.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manages a staff of supervisors and support roles to ensure timely distribution of merchandise within the standards of budget, policies, procedures and quality to satisfy the requirements of the customers, sales operations and finance divisions.
- Effectively lead associates by creating a common vision and an understanding of the organization’s strategy, as well as enhancing associate commitment through the celebration of individual and group achievements.
- Effectively leads all EHS functions for the facilities, including coaching and engagement to achieve a Zero Incident Safety Culture
- Directs the Operations of Divisional Materials Planning, Engineering and Human Resources teams.
- Responsible for managing Logistics and Global Trade Compliance in Canada including freight negotiations, carrier/ broker performance assessments.
- Ensures the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner. Plans, directs, and implements warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals. Operates in compliance with federal, provincial and local statutes.
- Directs the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve prescribed objectives. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, creates programs to supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates.
- Manages inventory for the Distribution Center to achieve corporate financial objectives including an effective cycle count program
- Ensures the creation of the necessary warehouse information systems to meet company objectives and facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse.
- Remains knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology.
- Develops and recommends an annual operating budget.
- Develops and manages a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters. Assures that all accounts achieve predetermined profit standards.
- Procures equipment and facilities required to assure efficient operation and meet company profit goals.
- Develops suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping, and safety.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain experience
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within 120KM of the Mississauga, ON location will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain preferred
- Six Sigma green belt certification a plus
- Experience working with a RF based WMS and TMS systems a plus
- Experience leading an operation with light assembly a plus
- Experience with quality systems and ISO certification a plus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time