Eaton North American Utilities division is currently seeking a Lead Utility Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Denver, CO or Phoenix, AZ.
The primary function of the Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s products and services to obtain orders that are profitable to Eaton. The position is expected to achieve electrical distribution and engineering services solutions sales results. This will be expected in the geographic market region consistent with the expectations of seasoned sales professionals. The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors.
In this function you will:
- Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
Quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing
Prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
Build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
Work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues
Canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
Assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
Obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of electrical industry experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Denver, CO or Phoenix, AZ will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) years of electrical industry sales experience
- Utility Industry experience
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Electrical product knowledge
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Skilled in time management
- Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
- Experience working with Bidmanager and Vista
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time