If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Test lab in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Read and analyze Electrical Schematics, Assembly Drawings & Component drawings.
· Prepares test plans basis applicable standards (ANSI /UL, IEC, CSA & NEMA) for any type of Electrical Product.
· Perform/monitors Electrical Tests e.g. Hi-Pot, Current Injection, Endurance, Temp. Rise, Visual Inspections etc. per standards (ANSI /UL, IEC, CSA & NEMA).
· Analyze & troubleshoot the test results using appropriate engineering calculations, system level analysis tools & draws conclusions based on test results.
· Support capital equipment and strategic road mapping process for the test lab to identify equipment upgrades, capacity increases, and new technologies to be incorporated for monitoring and control from remote location (Industry 4.0). Order miscellaneous materials & other low value assets as per set-up/tests requirements. Create and maintain documentation as per ISO-9001, ISO-17025, ISO-14001, ISO-18001 system & provides performance trends.
· Drive compliance to all the 5S & safety requirements as per MESH guidelines. Maintain clean orderly and safe workplace
· Maintain and manage equipment calibrations for the lab and coordinate with sub-contract companies, as needed, to complete required activities. Perform Gauge R&R and measurement Uncertainty.
· Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams at global level, demonstrates project management knowledge
· Drives continuous improvement at work coming up with creative ideas of productivity / quality improvements.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time