Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently recruiting for a Quality Inspection Lead on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Irvine, CA location.
This position reports to the Quality Inspection Supervisor. Responsible for providing support and guidance to personnel in the functions responsible for Receiving Inspection, Final Inspection, First Article Inspection, and Customer Delegate Inspection. Responsible for providing assistance in the orientation, training, work schedule, and assigning work to ensure adherence to company, and customers’ quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Coordinating the inspection of aerospace components, sub-assemblies and/or assemblies (Visually and dimensionally).
- Coordinating proper review and acceptance of paperwork and documentation used in the acceptance of product and ensures that data processing/move transactions are performed correctly. You will also coordinate proper execution, review, and approval of first article inspections per AS9102 standard.
- Coordinate appropriate cross-training of precision measurement equipment such as, but not limited to, surface plates, optical comparator, surface plate, CMM, calipers, micrometers, pin gages, thread plugs, thread ring gages, etc.
- Provide proper support to suppliers and internal/external customers in the communication and investigation of issues.
- Be responsible for shift schedule to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, meetings, and shift rotations.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of equipment and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the achievement of company and department goals and objectives.
- Provide guidance to the team based on management direction.
- Maintain appropriate customers’ DQCR/DSQR inspection coverage (Approved Delegates) for all customers that delegate Source Inspection to Eaton.
- Guide Inspectors to ensure they adhere to all flowed down contractual (internal and external) requirements of customer purchase orders and suppliers purchase orders for commercial and/or military products.
- Inspect aerospace components, sub-assemblies and/or assemblies visually and dimensionally for conformance to manufacturing drawings, quality control specifications and supplier/customer requirements.
- Be responsible for review and acceptance of paperwork and documentation used in the acceptance of product.
- Be responsible to produce necessary manual or computer-generated inspection reports to accept or reject products.
- Complete data processing move transactions as required.
- Evaluate and adheres to all flowed down contractual (internal and external) requirements of customer purchase orders, suppliers purchase orders for commercial and/or military products.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
Must have a High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) from an accredited institution
Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Aerospace Quality Inspector
Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50-mile distance of the Irvine, CA facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Must be authorized in US without company sponsorshipPreferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with using a CMM and comparators
- Minimum of 3 years of Inspection Lead experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time