1. Facilitates process and provides technical and administrative services such as industrial hygiene sampling, ergonomic evaluations, and energy conservation surveys to ensure compliance with EHS regulations and MESH requirements. Specific attention is needed to evaluate and ensure compliance with local EHS requirements.
2. Establishes local goals and objectives along with timely and accurate reporting mechanisms in support of Corporate/Group/Regional direction.
3. Chooses fiscally and socially responsible methods of reducing operational environmental
4. Continuously identifies, assesses, and reduces/eliminates EHS risk (including security).
5. Establishes and maintains relationships with governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern including voluntary certification (e.g., ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registration, VPP, Industria Limpia), maintenance of environmental permits, submission of required reports, and maintenance of data.
6. Provides for timely EHS training of employees.Investigates incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) and accidents to determine root
causes and prepares/directs corrective and preventive action plans.
7. Initiates efforts to improve environmental conditions in the community and to foster employee
wellness and off-the-job safety.
8. Plans and directs response to emergency situations dealing with the environment, employees, or the
9. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of strategic initiatives designed to produce verifiable world-class performance.
10. Establishes and maintains relationships with governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern.
1.bachelor in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent.
2.Relevant advanced degree preferred
3.8+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management
4.Professional certification preferred (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist,
5.Proficiency in English.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ELXD Electronics Business
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No