Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a National Sales Director to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, Georgia location.
This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive sales strategy to generate profitable sales throughout North America to Specifiers, Distributors, Contractors and End Users. Effective communication and execution across multiple functions of the organization is required to facilitate achievement of strategic goals.
- Works with GM to develop comprehensive annual sales plan and forecast for direct sales team as well as associated manufacturer’s representatives
- Collects, compiles and analyzes pertinent information in order to establish goals for the market and region, consistent with overall division goals of growth and profitability.
- Coordinates with manufacturer representatives, factory sales personnel, distributors, etc., to promote and maintain successful and profitable business relationships with current and potential customers.
- Analyzes sales levels and trends through market research and initiates pro-active or corrective actions as required to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Focuses on building agent service and connected lighting capability to deliver world class support to Eaton customers.
- Works closely with and coordinates activities with all departments within Lighting Systems business unit to ensure that company-wide goals are achieved.
- Manages, trains, and develops North America Sales Team.
- Through effective hiring, placement, training, supervision and motivation of employee builds a pro-active group of self-starting employees with a customer first attitude to achieve Lighting Systems goals, growth and profitability while providing superior service to our customers.
- Drive the adoption of Connected Lighting Systems through Specification and End User accounts.
- Promote SaaS and Value-Added Applications with Fortune 500 customers.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years technical sales management experience
- A minimum of 10 years outside sales experience
- Must be eligible for work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must be able to travel 50% to 75% of the time
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the lighting industry
- A minimum of 5 years sales management experience
- Experience with executive-level interaction and negotiations
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V.. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, Signify N.V. will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time