Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking an Estimator Engineer to join our team. This position is based at either Glendale Heights, IL or Columbus, OH office.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
This position primarily supports and leads application and proposal needs for opportunities pertaining to Eaton’s power distribution services solutions in Eaton’s Engineering Services & Systems (EESS) Division.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention
and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright
professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us
- Lead all activities related to preparing technical pricing and commercial proposal quotations for the Central Region.
- Serve as the primary point of contact/trusted advisor with sales (NAS and EESS), channel, Reps/Agencies, end users, subject matter experts and District Operating Center team members for the development of technical & commercial proposals and provide application assistance in support of engineering services sales growth objectives.
- Responsible for, but not limited to, pricing development, technical application support, and proposal & submittal documentation.
- Provide unique solutions beyond the standard specifications to provide greater customer value and support sales in delivering the proposal to the customer, when needed.
- Act as a division liaison with other Eaton divisions and plants and outside suppliers to identify solutions to customer needs in conjunction with engineering services offerings.
- Maintain proper communication with internal customers, including price and product feedback on both commercial and technical issues.
- Visit customer sites to address customer needs and gather technical inputs for accurate proposal recommendations.
- Track proposal and order hit rate activity, enabling field management and outside sales engineers to monitor for customer/channel partner effectiveness.
- Actively support Division Initiatives (Service Attachment Orders for New Equipment, power system engineering and power system automation offerings, Aftermarket Solutions, Extended Warranty Program, etc.)
- Support proposals locally and requests from other locations
- Provide ongoing updates regarding proposal activities and prepare Monthly Reports.
- Actively be involved in personal professional growth and development opportunities / industry organizations.
- Complete all required and recommended product and safety trainings
- Participate in and contribute to the bi-annual Team Workshop
- Provide exceptional customer service to all stakeholders; putting in extra time as needed to meet customer and project deadlines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR minimum 2 years of electrical contractor estimating/proposal writing experience
- Minimum 2 years of electrical industry field service, application engineering, estimating or proposal development experience
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Glendale Heights, IL to be considered.
- Must be authorized to
work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Proposal generation experience specifically related to maintaining and modernizing electrical power distribution systems.
- Certified Electrical Technologist (CET) with existing field service and/or proposal generation experience specific to our services.
- Experience with proposal development in both private sector and government bids; experience with proposal development for all of Eaton's end markets (Industrial, Commercial, Healthcare, Utility, Institutional and Government).
- Experience with government proposal procedures such as technical and price proposal separation, reps and certifications, and government evaluation factors.
- Estimating experience in substation and electrical system installations.
- Possess and maintains an active and valid driver’s license
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time