If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a(n) Finance Controller in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Jining, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Develop and coordinate plant profit plans, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant management, including variance analysis and cost control reporting and recommendations.
· Mentor plant staff on financial implications and reporting requirements. Also foster an environment of fiscal discipline throughout the organization.
· Manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results. Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
· Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant.
· Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements.
· Develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, region/division, and corporate management and cost control.
· Control and maintain adequate product costing systems. Ensure adequate cost accounting processes are in place, including standard cost updates, physical inventory verification, periodic cycle counts, etc.
· Ownership of account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems. Assess adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting. Ensure adequate training and oversight is provided to all finance personnel to ensure account reconciliations meet Eaton’s requirements. Provide leadership and support for the Balance Sheet Review process.
· Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX.
· Evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to region/division and corporate management approval. Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs. Conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance for all significant capital investments.
· Manage hiring, training and development of plant financial staff. Establish a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement.
· Drive implementation of cost saving and other programs to provide operating economies and improve profitability. Monitors and provides opportunities to support continuously improving Plant Productivity / Gross Utilization. Support other Operations initiatives including EBE, MEASH, ELSS and other BPI efforts.
· Supports and monitors variable pay for performance, as applicable.
· Ensures that the appropriate plant quality policy and system are thoroughly implemented in the finance function. Ensure all finance responsibilities are defined and communicated throughout the plant with specific responsibilities and appropriate timing. Ensures the deployment of finance standard work.
· Ensure compliance with local GAAP, statutory and fiscal requirements, as required. (This is especially important in location outside of the US.)
· Responsible to manage relationships with relevant bureaus and government agencies.
· Lead ad hoc projects as required including appropriate ERP implementations and system upgrades, business development initiatives such as new business opportunities (and possibly financial review of development contracts and appropriate revenue recognition and project accounting (as applicable)
· BS degree in Finance or Accounting.
· CPA/CMA/MBA preferred or equivalent local professional qualifications
· Minimum of ten years professional experience
· Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
· Sound working knowledge of PRC and US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements.
· Knowledge & understanding of Corp, region/division and plant reporting policies
· Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports.
· Superior analytical and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
· Understanding of global business issues, including foreign currency impacts, effective hedging protocols and local customs and duty requirements.
· Knowledge and Experience operating in foreign/local Joint Venture environment preferred.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SZ1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No