Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager in the new Aguascalientes, Mexico location.
The manager of Continuous improvement will lead deployment of Continuous Improvement vision and strategy for Eaton’s new Aguascalientes manufacturing site.
This includes Lean and Six Sigma process deployment, training, and mentoring at the plant level. This role is a key member of the plant staff and ensures a plant culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean that is then leveraged to drive change. Job duties support the creation and implementation of Lean and Six Sigma strategies, which will lead to improvements in factory margins, product delivery performance, employee safety and reductions in product/process variation. Note that the primary function of this role includes but is not limited to the manufacturing operations of the plant.
- Works through the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, training and cross-functional activities including Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs).
- Conducts Eaton Lean System (ELSS) assessments, and identify performance gaps. Works through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- Provides Lean and Six Sigma support across the organization to drive short-term and long term business improvements.
- Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Leads the continuous improvement (Lean and Six Sigma) team. Assists in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- Provides Lean and 6 Sigma Mentoring to support of functional talent development and succession planning
- Works with Regional/Divisional CI Manager to ensure alignment of plant CI activities to broader functional strategy and vision
- Utilize strong project management skills to execute projects and/or lead projects teams where necessary. Organize and lead team meetings for effective task completion per the implementation work plan and budgets. Assure environmental, health and safety requirements are satisfied when the projects are implemented.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area or equivalent
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Power Point, Excel, Visio, Minitab (or any Statistical software)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities
- Experienced Lean and 6 Sigma trainer and mentor
- Master’s Degree – MBA, Engineering, Management, etc.
- Formal training/certification in Lean tools (5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow (LMF)) and 6 Sigma with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in implementing Lean in Low volume High mix type product environment
- Operations or Product Engineering experience minimum 5 years
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly processes, equipment technology, and equipment capability.
- Manufacturing Process Knowledge of:
- Forging, Machining, Grinding, Heat Treat
- Plating, Assembly, Welding, Inspection equipment
Travel approximately 30% (depending on project phase)
Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
Maintain and demonstrate a good understanding of the Eaton Values and Philosophies, and Eaton Business System
This position requires tenacity in leadership, communication, training, facilitation and interpersonal skills well developed to effectively perform its essential functions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Organización: VEH NAA North America Auto
Nivel de puesto: Jefe
Horario: Tiempo completo
Es un trabajo a distancia (es decir, trabajar desde casa o otro centro Eaton) permitió para este puesto?: No -ES
¿Esta oferta de reubicación posición?: No
Viaje: Sí, un 25 % del tiempo