Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Material Support Specialist. This position is based in our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Material Support Specialist is responsible to process material and packages for shipments to customers and external vendors. Also, interact with customer service, team leaders and quality to solve any order issues or requirements. Process shipments to customer specific requirements in accordance to COC (certification of compliance) requirements is also required.
Our Beltsville, MD manufacturing facility is home to 450+ passionate and creative team members. Our products power hundreds of military and commercial aircraft platforms with a focus on improved reliability, weight reduction and fuel efficiency. Components & products developed at our location are used for the Mar’s Rover, protecting the Declaration of Independence, and keeping passengers cool and safe as they travel to their favorite vacation destinations. Eaton’s comprehensive portfolio sets the industry standard for engineering excellence, customized solutions for today’s industry needs while developing new technologies for next-generation aircraft designs. If you’re looking for work that is engaging, exciting, and meaningful then join us and contribute to making what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Process material and packages for shipments to customers and external vendors.
Interact with customer service, team leaders and quality to solve any order issues or requirements.
Process shipments to customer specific requirements in accordance to COC (certification of compliance) requirements
Inspect parts, verify lot numbers, and perform packaging of shipments or kitting material
Monitor the stock/inventory in order to ensure on time delivery
Work with MRP system (MFG Pro) to monitor inventory levels and resolve issues
Kit job parts per bill of materials to deliver to welder
Deliver parts to ultrasonic testing
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one year’s experience in material handling and shipping/receiving for manufacturing/operations environment.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Must possess good math and troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of interpreting schematics and technical drawings.
- Requires frequent lifting, bending and operation of mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to use
both hands constantly and work in adverse weather conditions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No