- Provide technical support for Field Service Representatives and Operations Coordinator as they execute jobs.
- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, support Sales with initial and follow-up quotations for customers, interface and coordinate with other plants and business units within the company and outside vendors to procure parts and services for the district. Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Provide customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management OR engineering
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- PE License
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems is desirable.
- Candidate requires minimal supervision to manage the District’s job schedule and backlog
- Candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, project, time and task management skills, with use of personal computers and software systems to manage and track numerous priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrates financial and commercial knowledge.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time