Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a 2nd shift General Welder role to join our Transformers Assembly Line. The hours for this position are from 3pm – 11pm and is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility. Pay starting at $20.00/ hour depending on experience.
The general welder will operate various types of welding equipment in both SAL and MAL. This will include low voltage welding, welding on stainless and mild steel covers, using the robotic welder. This is a select position and all candidates will be required to interview.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Use weld fabrication equipment including: oxy-acetylene torch, plasma arc torch, tig-welder, mig-welders, stick electrode welder, grinders, drills and any other special tooling that may be required.
- Use the manual robotic welder.
- Work from basic prints, computer readouts, written and verbal instructions and material lists using judgment when complete prints are not available.
- Operate various types of material handling equipment including: bridge crane, jib crane, and manually operated hand trucks when necessary.
- Put both weld-on and bolt-on covers to units - giving them a pressure test using air and soap.
- Low voltage welding and mild and stainless steel cover welding.
- Use care and coordinate hand and eye on seam welds to get proper and uniform build-up for good appearing welds.
- Work in Transformer assembly positions as needed.
- Welder works in all positions; standing, kneeling, squatting, laying and bending. Some parts are heavy, awkward to handle and require mechanical powered devices to lift position and move them. Welder is subjected to smoke, fumes, flash burns, cuts and burns to hands and body.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more.
- One (1) year of assembly experience.
- One (1) year of manufacturing experience or a technical diploma in MIG and ARC welding.
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without requiring company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No