Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking Senior Engineer – Facilities & Infrastructure for its new Aguascalientes, Mexico location.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Facilities & Infrastructure is responsible for understanding and leading all site building and infrastructure aspects for Eaton’s new manufacturing plant in Aguascalientes. Responsibilities will include learning site infrastructure systems and equipment, coordinating maintenance and/or improvements to ensure optimal operation and adherence to all environmental and safety requirements. Develop into the site building and infrastructure expert, and lead the development of roadmap for short, mid, and long-term site improvement projects focused on employee wellbeing, environmental improvements, and operational cost improvements. Additionally this person, will have close interaction with site manufacturing engineers and maintenance personnel to ensure that all equipment / process related matters are in alignment with site infrastructure capabilities and if necessary implement new site infrastructure or upgrade projects. You must be a natural leader, motivator, hands-on problem solver, and effective mentor.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be the site expert for all building and infrastructure related equipment and items.
- You will seek out and implement comprehensive maintenance plans to avoid infrastructure issues and ensure optimal operation.
- You will develop predictive maintenance plans and deploy on all facilities and infrastructure.
- You will assist & develop cost improvement teams and drive participation in ‘Find It/Fix It’ and other CI programs.
- You will be develop the building and infrastructure roadmap for annual operations and future improvements (focused on employee wellbeing, environmental benefits, and operating cost reductions).
- You will be coordinating internal and external resources to accomplish building and infrastructure improvements and issue resolution.
- You will be the primary interface with the industrial park representatives for all building and infrastructure related matters
- You will adhere to ISO 14001 policies and procedures, and you will ensure compliance within your respective department(s).
- You will have familiarity with the LVDA Emergency Response Plan.
- You will achieve compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations made under the Act (i.e. Regulations for Industrial Establishments/851, and WHMIS/860, and Control of Exposure to Chemical and Biological Agents/833.
- You will participate in workplace inspections conducted by the JHSC as defined in company procedure.
- You will support the implementation of Lean manufacturing actions through the use of lean tools and philosophies.
- Manage suppliers to ensure on time execution of projects
- Manage capital and expense projects and associated spending for building and infrastructure projects. Ensure that all projects and spending is in line both from a cost and timing perspective.
- Utilize project management skills to execute assigned projects and lead projects teams where necessary. Organize and lead team meetings for effective task completion per the implementation work plan and budgets.
- Assure environmental, health and safety requirements are satisfied when the projects are implemented.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Three+ years experience in a Manufacturing Engineering position
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Experience and knowledge of facility maintenance – building and infrastructure (electrical, water, wastewater, air compressors, oil systems, etc.)
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
Strong organizational, conflict resolution, & problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Master’s Degree – MBA, Engineering, Management, etc.
- Project management experience
Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Experience with lean tools, six sigma (green or black belt certified), and/or continuous improvement
- Experience with manufacturing equipment maintenance
- High level of creativity in creating unique solutions
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly processes, equipment technology, equipment capability, basic machine tool concepts, and product quality requirements for error free final product
- Manufacturing Process Knowledge of:
- Forging, Machining, Grinding, Heat Treat
- Plating, Assembly, Welding, Inspection equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time