Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Field Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Field Quality Engineer communicates with Agents, Factories, Customer Service Reps, and contractors daily to resolve technical Post Sales Customer Issues while maintaining detailed job files in the SAP quality module.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Coordinate the activities of internal departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, and Finance) with contractors in the field as needed to drive resolution of customer problems in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain detailed job files in the SAP quality module.
- Negotiate and Review field labor issues to determine validity prior to payment authorization.
- Review BOM’s and purchase orders for errors.
- Review customer Return Material Requests through Electricals Testing and Analysis to approve/deny according to established procedures.
- Travel to job sites to diagnose issues and document root cause and options for resolution.
- Generate and track replacement orders and communicate resolution strategy.
- Communicate Quality Issues through Analytical Data and Reports to Divisional and Manufacturing Quality Teams.
- Analyze requests to determine the root cause or collaborate with engineering team to achieve resolution.
- Research questions and problems using available information resources.
- Escalate project roadblocks and work to resolve issues to bring projects to closure.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer facing, testing or troubleshooting role (can include internship and co-op experience)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience supporting lighting products
- Experience in electrical or electronic products
- Problem solving skills and issue management skills
- Team player showing self-motivation, requiring minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, remain focused and reach a resolution
- Experience with leading Structured problem solving activities (8D)
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office
- Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time