Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions division of Eaton’s Americas Group has an opening for a Program Manager. This position is based in Peachtree City, GA location.
This position is responsible for management of medium complexity NPD projects for Eaton’s Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions – Wiring Devices Programs. The Program Manager manages the project planning, execution, requirements changes, risk mitigation, and issue tracking. This will include the use of the PROLaunch process, Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA's), Multi-Generational Product Planning (MGPP), SIOP input, and industrialization. Lead the Integrated Product Team(s) to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and business relationships.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Drive accountability for project scope and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Establish objectives, goals, and provide direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer needs, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- Ensure the PROLaunch team creates and maintains the Activity Matrix deliverables and lead the Program team during phases and Gate Review events
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Work in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitate the PROLaunch processes
- Coordinate all risks and requirements of the program by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved through team meetings.
- Display financial acumen to complete required capital appropriation request for the assigned programs.
- Communicate timely project status to internal leaders.
- Understand project impact to the business and identifies impact of project changes on the portfolio.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Drive the implementation of company standard tools to improve Program Management performance at the site such as ProPM and IBP
- Provide overall Project interface with customer
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, program management and leadership of project teams.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Peachtree City, GA. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in risk management.
- A minimum of 5 years of program leadership skills with the ability to manage both horizontally and vertically within a complex matrix organization
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time