Eaton’s Electrical Products Group, Circuit Protection Division is currently seeking a Distribution Center Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Ellisville, Missouri location.
The DC Supervisor, reporting to the Distribution Center Manager, will be responsible for supervision and direction of split shift employees, maintenance of inventory accuracy, and resolution of issues with receipt, storage and shipment of finished goods using the WMS and SAP systems. The position will also take an active role in support of other activities such as continuous improvement projects focusing on productivity and inventory reduction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
· Ensure adherence to all Eaton safety and security procedures
· Ensure on-time delivery of customer shipments on a daily basis
· Provide support for training of freight and picking team members
· Supervise receipt and storage of finished goods, utilizing space in the most efficient manner
· Develop and implement procedures to improve the accuracy and control of shipments
· Develop and implement procedures to improve productivity in all distribution functions
· Maintain records to control attendance, punctuality and work performance
· Ensure proper housekeeping in all areas of responsibility
· Review and maintain in-transit reports daily. Determine problem areas and implement solutions through exception management using systems.
· Work closely/directly with hourly team members on tasks and issues faced on a daily basis
· Produce and maintain CDC performance metrics
· Co-Lead DC efforts in the annual physical inventory and developing and maintain cycle counting program
· Research and resolve problems using professional communication skills, with both internal and external customers
· Perform order processing tasks as necessary
· Actively participate in the maintenance of accurate inventory control records
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- 3+ years manufacturing or distribution supervision experience
- Union experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No