We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Corporate Communications Intern is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of the company’s internal communications channels and supporting the corporate communications team and business groups. The successful candidate will help educate, coach and train communicators across the organization on best practices associated with each platform and will ensure content published on the platform is engaging and compelling. This position will report to the Vice President, Corporate Communications.
This internship will have be part-time for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Assists in managing the day-to-day monitoring of emPOWER, which includes responding to employee inquiries, helping businesses with posts, promoting brand advocacy, escalating issues for response and general site maintenance and upkeep.
- Ensures content shared on internal channels is appropriate, properly branded, contains messaging tailored for the audience and channel as part of our communications strategy.
- Creates highly engaging, properly branded graphics using Adobe Creative and Canva for internal channels including JOE, emPOWER and Eloqua newsletter builder.
- Edits copy and creates engaging, branded media for internal marketing tactics including digital displays, brochures and digital communications channels.
- Ensures alignment with and understanding of brand standards while fostering creativity.
- Transfers best practices across the enterprise.
- Provides general assistance for the Industrial Group and Electrical Group communications managers, including providing a wide variety of communications and digital design.
- Supports planning and execution of internal communications campaigns.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in communications, public relations, English, journalism, graphic design or related field of study
- Minimum GPA of a 3.0 (please do not round)
- This position does not offer relocation. The candidate must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an on-going basis
- Competence in Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva
- Excellent writing and editing skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time