Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Sales & Application Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Dacono, CO, site. This is in close vicinity to both Denver and Boulder, CO. Relocation assistance will be offered for this role.
The Sales & Application Engineer is responsible for acting as a technical and commercial resource to field sales, customers and distributors for quotations and project management at Eaton's newly acquired Innovative Switchgear Solutions (ISG) business. ISG manufactures a range of medium-voltage solid dielectric underground/pad mount switchgear. As the Sales & Application Engineer you will close orders based upon expertise developed in selling skills and technical knowledge, provide technical knowledge regarding products/services, and negotiate and price industrial and construction projects. This role also sells assigned product lines to targeted customers in designated geography or industry with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide accurate and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support;
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits;
- Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications;
- Provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution;
- Have awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions;
- Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals; and
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
- Work with regionally based sales resources to develop a territory sales plan to obtain a greater share of market by obtaining orders for existing products and new products that meet or exceed assigned quotas.
- Plan and allocate time for sales activities with each distributor, major account, and to each major job, in an assigned territory or on assigned accounts based on sales potential.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years sales or marketing experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing , Engineering, or Technical Sales from an accredited university
- Experience selling into electrical or heavy industrial markets
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial product sales
- Five (5) years of related sales experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time