Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Supply Chain Materials Analyst - Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
As a Material Planner, you will exhibit expertise in planning practices for production and lead others to ensure customer orders are completed on time at the lowest possible cost. Manage and identify areas for improvement in the following areas: planning/shop floor scheduling, tools, ERP SMART rules, shortage resolution, expedites, customer requests, manufacturing efficiency, and capacity management. In addition, drive purchasing practices to assigned commodity and apply strong knowledge to ensure products meet quality, delivery and specification requirements at the lowest possible costs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Analyze material requirements; plans and initiates schedules to support customer production & new program development schedules and plans; manages shop floor scheduling; levels loads orders based on capacity in the cell.
- Manage work orders to ensure manufacturing has necessary work at all times, communicate on overtime requirements.
- Expedite orders for customers where possible; expedite shortages with buyers; communicate updates to customer service.
- Ensure work orders for their areas of responsibility are current, not past due, not in pick status for long periods of time.
- Support potential miss to ensure on time completion of critical orders, be proactive.
- For area of responsibility: manage item parameters and settings in MRP system, minimize past due sales dollars, quality issues, resolve supplier shortages, customer on-time delivery.
- Support High Performance Work Teams (support two HPWT) & flexible/capable of working in different environments.
- Support plant continuous improvement.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence for use by Eaton SCM professionals.
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling an management.
- Ensure compliance with applicable contract flow down (FAR, DFAR,ITAR, etc.)
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree required from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 years in Supply Chain Role.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
- General knowledge of ERP and procurement processes
- Exposure to institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No