Eaton’s Fayetteville, NC facility is seeking a talented Production Supervisor to support 2nd shift.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing department(s) of employees in the assembly of products for Eaton customers. The primary objectives will be to achieve results on the High 5 metrics (safety, quality, on-time-delivery, inventory, productivity), drive employee engagement, and develop the team to continuously improve.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Assist in establishing departmental goals that are challenging targets and strategies and action plans to achieve those targets
- Provide input to forecast and hold the team accountable to the process in order to meet commitments.
- Determine the effect of production load and mix changes on staffing and department operations. Take actions(s) to adjust capacity (labor and/or equipment) to meet new production requirements.
- Take problem-solving countermeasures.
- Improve quality assurance system by building quality into the process.
- Effectively deal with opportunities identified by the team to help bring about positive resolution.
- Drive a positive, inclusive high performance work culture through the establishment of clear expectations and accountability from and to the team.
- Champion the Continuous Improvement Framework in ICD to drive High 5 results and impact Employee Morale.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience working in a manufacturing or operations environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Industrial engineering from an accredited school
Experience in reading/interpreting blue prints
- Knowledge of decimal system
Knowledge of precision instruments (Micrometers, Calipers, tape measures. etc.)
Experience in process improvement and layout architecture
- Experience with Lean manufacturing
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico