Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Team Lead to join our first shift team. This position will be based at our brand new El Paso, TX facility.
The Team Lead provides manufacturing expertise, support, and direction in their assigned area. The team lead assists the Supervisor in the coordination, facilitation, and motivation of the activities of all assigned employees to meet or exceed established High-5 metrics and goals including safety, quality, delivery, cost, lean and efficiency. Lead by example in areas such as safety, ethical standards, attendance, intensity, sense of urgency, team philosophy, initiative, quality assurance, standard work, 5-S, product knowledge, positive attitude, interpersonal communication skills and professional presence.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Receive work assignment from supervisor and prioritize jobs based upon the urgency of the order. Effectively communicate daily production goals to one’s functional team.
- Provide motivation and encouragement to the manufacturing team, ensuring that they are continually made aware of all workplace goals surrounding production, safety, and quality.
- Work directly with the manufacturing team to ensure that customer orders are executed in a timely and efficient manner and that the most urgent orders are fulfilled first.
- Comply with and perform procedures necessary to ensure compliance with the Eaton MESH initiatives and ensure the personal safety of the incumbent and his/her associates including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Ensure assigned work-area is clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Provide on-the-job training and develop needs per individual, team and product group. Serve as resource in specific skills training as needed by developing employees in a multitude of areas.
- Understand the metrics necessary for quality and production by collecting and evaluating production data including cycle time, green light time, parts output, material utilization, etc.
- Measure and communicate team and individual performance to established expectations to include input and participation in evaluation of process, product and team skills.
- Consistently check the quality of all products to ensure that quality requirements are being met by the work team. Promote quality objectives among one’s employees by clarifying quality standards and goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience OR possess a completed degree
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the El Paso, TX facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- 2-5 years in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and/or experience leading projects, conducting analysis for root cause identification, and understanding how to identify problems and reach resolutions is required
- Demonstrate basic electrical knowledge, mechanical aptitude, and understanding of assembly terminology
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents such as operating instructions, dimensional sheets, wiring schematics, and/or blueprints (including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- A satisfactory record of recent job performance
- Prior work experience using a computer, including competence in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required
- Familiar with lean manufacturing principles and tools
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No