Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Customer Quality Technician to join our first shift team. This position will be based at our brand new El Paso, TX facility.
The Customer Quality Technician will execute various aspects of the Quality Management System and the Eaton Quality Management System. Full responsibility of activities to drive improvement to key metrics for and to the customer quality satisfaction. Support a wide variety of quality inspections and checks in the manufactured parts from fabrication and assembly department.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Understand and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules in accordance with Eaton’s MESH program
- Provide input to the shop floor and quality team during the use of problem solving tools
- Provide warranty support for all customer issues, including but not limited to field rework, in house repair, High Severity Customer Quality Escape activities, and customer specific issue resolution in addition to completing Warranty Trend Analysis to identify Corrective and Preventive Action
- Support Customer Quality and Problem Solving by: Interacting with customers and CORE to administer product warranty claims and resolve issues to customer satisfaction, Initiating and using CQM for tracking quality issues to closure, Utilizing Problem Solving Methodologies including 8D, 5 Why, and pFMEA to address internal and external quality issues
- Support Supplier Quality as needed by: Performing dimensional and material analysis of purchased and manufactured parts/materials, Initiating and using WISPER for recording results of incoming inspections, creating DMR’s and tracking supplier quality issues to closure.
- Support Manufacturing Quality as needed by: developing and implementing Go, No-Go Gages on shop Floor, utilizing statistical tools and Minitab to perform pareto analysis, capability studies and MSA’s, make decisions for acceptable quality within prescribed parameters for parts or assemblies, utilizing the calibration system to ensure that measuring instruments and tools are appropriately tracked and verified
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience or a degree in a technical discipline
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the El Paso, TX facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- 5 years experience working in a Quality Role in a manufacturing environment
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field
- Familiar with lean manufacturing principles and systems
- Possess strong computer skills (Mapics, Matrix, intranet, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of various computer systems
- Working knowledge of EQMS tools that pertain to job classification
- Quality Management System knowledge: ability to interpret, follow, and audit procedures
- Specialized knowledge required by the Eaton Quality Functional Ladder for Quality Technician
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No