Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems is currently seeking an Electrical Technician – Circuit Breaker to join our team. This position will be based at our San Diego, CA facility.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization.
This position will be responsible for performing quality assembly and testing of the complete scope of products serviced by the center of excellence.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you
- Assemble electrical products of all levels including motor controls, circuit breakers, etc. This includes all sub-assemblies to the component level and large-scale units.
- Support aftermarket products and perform time entry transactions through Eaton proprietary software systems.
- Visually check components and assemblies for electrical and mechanical defects.
- Read and understand blueprint and schematics for assembly and troubleshooting.
- Complete sub-assembly and wiring of any product as assigned.
- Maintain quality records, calibration records, charts, and area performance to forecast as directed.
- Develop vendor relationships to assist with material specifications, quality control, purchasing, and delivery.
- Receive direction and assignments from the assigned leader and report any problems to the leader.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Observe all safety rules and practices.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience AND/OR military background
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of San Diego, CA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Experience working with and repairing power breakers
- Electrical or mechanic experience
- Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Technology from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated strong mechanical ability, good organizational skills, and good work habits with a proactive work ethic in a team environment.
- Familiarity with control circuitry.
- Familiarity with process and procedures of Statistical Quality Control Methods.
- Ability to read and understand complex blueprints, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials.
- Hand tool and strong computer skills experience.
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No