Eaton is currently seeking a Senior Analyst – Lease Accounting to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio Corporate offices.
The role supports the process, procedures and leasehold accounting sub-ledger system. This position is supporting an evolving global group of internal customers. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Leasehold Accounting System (Lease Accelerator) and is responsible for gathering, updating and analyzing lease data. Additional responsibilities include month end close, account reconciliations, responding to inquiries and participating in business improvement projects. The ideal candidate is an energetic critical thinker, analytical, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results within Eaton’s global financial services and systems environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Gather global leasehold data and uploads the data into the sub ledgers system.
- Configure, test, troubleshoot and support the leasehold accounting sub-ledger system (Lease Accelerator)
- Support the leasehold accounting policy, process and procedures to ensure Eaton is in compliance with the FASB/IASB guidance on operating leases.
- Perform system set-ups and system maintenance within the Lease Accelerator system.
- Extract and analyze data using excel and excel formulas and macros in support of financial shared services customers.
- Prepare and report needed metrics to support global financial shared service customer support and the leasehold accounting process.
- Analyze issues, trouble shoot problems and provide support for other Oracle modules and bolt on systems as needed.
- Support the Global Financial Services and Systems customer who utilize the Finance Service Catalog in various queues.
- Recognize and implement process improvements and cost out initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
- No relocation benefits will be offered with this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio to be considered.
- Financial accounting systems experience (SAP or Oracle a plus)
- Experience with lessee lease accounting preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in shared service center
- Proven problem solving and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Maintains high degree of accountability while working in a team environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time