If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, Maharashtra.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a Electrical Sector with a primary responsibility of design, development and testing of front end software for Lighting Products. Positions’ main responsibility would be to enhance existing and/or develop new software that enables the launch of new enterprise software products and hybrid mobile applications. Provide technical solutions via execution, follow defined processes & lead in software development & technology innovations. Additionally, assisting the technical lead for conceptualization, engineering and software specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, and functionality for Lighting Control products
Your essential responsibilities:
- Engineering graduate with (7+ ) years’ experience or MCA with up to 7 years’ experience of software development experience with web-based applications is required.
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Experience in RESTful web services.
- Experience using less, sass, gulp or grunt
- Thorough Working knowledge of Document Object Model (DOM)
- Sound understanding of Agile development, UML, SDL and CMM.
- Understanding of ECMAScript 6 (ES6)
- Expert knowledge of best practices in software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming and design principles.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions.
- Ability to articulate and promote software development best-practices.
- Experience with revision control systems, preferably Git.
- Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation.
- Experience working with any RDBMS
- UX design experience.
- Experience working with Java
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only