- Operate and read hand-held RF units to find, move and allocate material
- Use a resource management system (SAP) to process all incoming and outgoing freight.
- Prepare items for shipment by assembling containers, posting weights and affixing proper postage and paperwork.
- Interface with shipping office, customer service, drivers and carriers to ensure proper delivery.
- Coordinate required emergency shipments and requests during non-work hours
- Report irregularities or equipment malfunctions
- Drive and maintain forklifts through daily inspection checklists and perform 5S+ housekeeping duties as necessary
- A minimum of two years of experience in a logistics or warehouse environment
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Raleigh, NC (60 miles) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous forklift experience
- Experience using SAP, warehouse management system
- Basic understanding of Microsoft applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use good judgment when handling material with a safety focus
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime, willingness to flex to different areas or local plants as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Willingness to become certified in operation of forklifts to transport and locate equipment and materials to required areas
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No