Eaton's Power Systems Division is looking for two Summer (May- August) 2020 Engineering interns to be based at our Pewaukee, WI facility.
The New Product Development (NPD) Engineering Intern is an integral part of the NPD Engineering team which is responsible for the development of medium voltage switches, fuses, and power connection components for overhead and underground power distribution equipment and systems. Working alongside experienced engineers, the Engineering intern performs engineering analyses, creates detailed designs, executes prototype builds, and develops verification tests – all contributing to the overall execution of NPD projects and functional initiatives.
- Develop, improve, and sustain product design and product definition data (3D models, drawings, bills of materials, product & material specifications).
- Learn and perform engineering analysis and digital simulation leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical tolerance analysis, computational analysis - Matlab, etc.).
- Learn and utilize Design for X techniques to drive design optimization. (X = Cost, Manufacturing and Assembly, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Collaborate with global design and manufacturing teams.
- Support the manufacture and production of prototype and pilot builds.
- Develop sub-system verification tests which includes defining test methods and procedures and designing and developing custom fixtures.
- Assist with performing mechanical, electrical, and environmental testing.
- Support functional development activities such as CAE-tool exploration and implementation, as well as, supporting the NPD Additive Manufacturing road map.
- Sets aggressive goals, measures performance, and strives to go beyond what is expected.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with a major in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher (please do not round)
- Able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation is provided for this role. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Pewaukee, WI facility.
- Previous engineering intern or co-op experience is a plus
- Experience using 3D CAD software, Inventor or Creo preferred
- Experience using FEA software, ANSYS preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No