Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is currently seeking a Machinist to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, OK facility.
The Machinist is responsible for safely machine quality parts using operating instructions and perform set-up/change over and light machine maintenance as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Read, interpret and follow operating instructions, dimensional sheets, job orders, tooling instructions, and process control charts.
- Ensure quality of the product through various inspection, setup, and reporting techniques including the set up and use of precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, jigs and fixtures, other precision measuring instruments, as well as the effective use of gauging frequency charts.
- Operate and perform basic routine maintenance on a variety of conventional or CNC machine tools such as drills, lathes, mills, hobbs, broaches and grinders in different manufacturing cells.
- Use problem-solving skills to perform machine set-up operations within time allowed as detailed in the operating instructions (for CNC qualified this includes any CNC program offsets that are needed) to ensure a quality part.
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant goals.
- Perform cell housekeeping duties on each shift along with basic machine cleaning & care, to meet 5-S requirements.
- Perform procedures necessary to ensure compliance with the Eaton Safety Process and ensure the personal safety of the incumbent including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Experience working with manual or CNC machines in a professional or academic setting
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Shawnee, OK will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Possess a certificate in Machining from an accredited institution
- One year of manual or CNC production machining experience
- Two years working experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with geometric tolerancing
Position Success Criteria:
- Job assignment note: CNC Qualified Technicians may be assigned to operate and certify on both manual and CNC cells. MANUAL Qualified Technicians may be assigned to operate and certify on manual cells only. Certification opportunities will be as per the Cell Certification Manual for assembly and machine cell technicians
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents such as operating instructions, dimensional sheets and/or blueprints, plus a working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (for CNC Qualified - includes basic CNC programming commands)
- Prior history of satisfactory operation of mechanized material handling devices such as fork truck and scissor lift and/or willingness and ability to complete and pass training/licensing course within first week in this classification
- A satisfactory record of recent job performance (for internal candidates, satisfactory performance would be indicated by a rating of 3 or higher in all areas of performance on the most recent evaluation including attendance)
- Demonstrate basic computer data entry skills
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach and use ladder up to 8 hours a day, occasionally up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to lift 25 pounds frequently and occasionally 50 pounds or more
- Vision to accurately read all necessary production documents and computer monitor screens
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No