Eaton’s Circuit Protection division is currently seeking a Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Beaver, PA facility.
The Technician is responsible for performing electrical/electronic testing and repair on the most complicated systems, including, but not limited to PLC, PC, microcomputer controlled devices, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and components.
In this function you will:
Troubleshoot and repair equipment related to electrical/electronic, including programmable controls, power supplies, numeric controls, servo drives, gauges and test equipment.
Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, and foundations of operation and application of electronic equipment.
Prepare schematic drawings and sketches to facilitate repairs, instructions and installation of tools and equipment.
Install, start up, and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
Advise operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
Inform appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved
Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed, and support/train other maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a two-year technical degree in electronics; Certified Electronic Technician preferred.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beaver, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must pass the Electronic Repair/Technician test
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the theory behind the design of test equipment and manufacturing testing procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding/knowledge in technical capacity, problem solving, decision making, learning orientation, and teamwork orientation.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to perform the tasks associated with the position.
- Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No