Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Mississauga, Canada.
The Senior Financial Analyst
position is responsible for assorted general ledger reconciliations, monthly
journal entries, fixed assets, lease administration, intercompany account
reconciliations, rebate payout administration and tax payments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries for operational and corporate ledgers related to sales rebates & reserves, returns & A/R Allowances, bad debt, banking, FX hedging and other various accruals.
- Reversal of prior month accrual journal entries for all company codes.
- Gather information and prepare forms for new leases.
- Submit requests to terminate expired leases.
- Keep track of all active leases.
- Review leases’ journal entries monthly to ensure accuracy.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Receive, prepare and route Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) for approval.
- Monitor CAR process via SharePoint until approval is completed.
- Responsible for all fixed asset & CIP inventory and timely capitalization & tagging.
- Respond to all enquiries concerning fixed assets (i.e. listings, depreciation).
- Complete assigned account reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Perform reasonability review and investigate outstanding balances and post related journal entries for reserve & allowances true-ups.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements and Eaton’s policy with relevant support.
- Administer timely quarterly & annual rebate payouts by working closely with sales/finance management to validate calculations in accordance with agreement, provide GL coding and secure appropriate approvals for A/P settlement with support documentation. Process requires review of related B/S reserves and entries to clear reserve shortages/ overages.
- Investigate and resolve any out of balances in intercompany current accounts (ICA).
- Prepare periodic reports to keep a track of Finance department’s key KPIs.
- Work closely with the Tax team and process income tax payments on a timely basis.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- University Degree and completed (or actively) enrolled in CPA program
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Finance role, working in a mid to large size organization.
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of Mississauga Ontario, Canada facility will be considered.
- SAP experience
- Proficient in excel
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No