Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group division is currently seeking a Mechanical Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Milton, Ontario facility and is located on the afternoon shift.
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for interpreting the Manufacturing Information documents in order to mechanically assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts or modify basic components, sub-assemblies and structures using hand and power tools for the Low Voltage Distribution Assembly (LVDA) product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Read and interpret drawings while ensuring assembly bill of material accuracy.
- You will check parts picked/delivered to parts required. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required.
- Assemble components ensuring proper torque of bus and phase connectors up to 70 ft/lbs.
- Be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly by conducting Inspection for conformance to drawings and specifications, functional operation and appearance and making mechanical adjustments as needed.
- Check performance of completed components to ensure compliance to LVDA Plant Quality standards and makes necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- Work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
- Utlize various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or grade 12 equivalent from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a manufacturing environment or six months assembly experience required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 80 km of Milton will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics is an asset.
- Experience in the assembly or repair of product preferred.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of CSA and UL code.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No