Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The Field product marketing Manager is responsible for articulating all the outbound tasks necessary to clearly explain the benefits of defined product features and translate them into customer-facing messaging, aligned to key target segments, with ultimate responsibility for bringing the product to market and driving adoption of it within targeted customer segments.
This includes acting as the “voice of the customer / segment” and having a deep understanding of their needs and desires. You will address questions around the product, the target customers, how we reach those customers, and a view on how to price the product.
- Be the owner of the Product lifecycle management: launch, maturity, end of Life and substitution of (Power Distribution and Panel Builder Products), to optimize sales and financial results.
- Define the product for market understanding, including value propositioning, elevator pitches and portfolio management.
- In cooperation with the country Pricing Manager, define Price strategy to meet market requirements and Company’s targets in the Country, according to the defined pricing strategies.
- Ensure total alignment with the sales team and define demand generation activities, including promotions, customer events, product demonstrations at trade shows, webinars and seminars.
- Work seamlessly with the EMEA segment teams to develop bespoke season / campaign planning, along with the localisation of content developed centrally.
- Understand the competitive environment and leverage that knowledge to position our offer appropriately in the marketplace. Gather customer feedback and provide input to central product management to improve product acceptance in the UK market and drive roadmap development. Work with all departments within marketing to identify new opportunities and be a key contributor to the commercial strategy development.
- Be the local expert in (Power Distribution and Panel Builder Products) ensuring all measures are taken to achieve Profit Plan.
You will also be responsible for:
- Driving New Product Introduction to meet Profit Plan, including the realization and localization of marketing literature, marketing communication activities, promotion, etc.
- Ensure consistent messaging of product portfolio relevant to the identified segment Persona’s, through the provision of up to date and localised content for Website product pages and printed literature.
- Managing and keeping up-to-date Product Data and Price Lists into ERP (SAP) to make products ready to sell in the country.
- Offering Technical Support to sales force, including the release of product bulletins and training for new products.
- Conducting joint customer and prospect visits to deliver training programs to customers on new products and advanced topics including safety, reliability and product technology that differentiate Eaton in the marketplace.
- Preparing technical presentations and demonstrations, as well as briefing the design and creation of product boards for exhibitions and events.
- Supporting Customer Service in cases of specific product inquiries.
- Jointly with sales, developing partnership with new customers that require specific Product Solutions, preparing quotations and supporting commercial negotiations with customers.
- Reporting to the BU team any change in the market, habits, regulation or competitor activities that could compromise our business.
- Bachelor’s degree, product design or engineering preferred
- Consolidated experience in a product management role in a B2B environment
- Proven planning skills, ability to leverage KPI’s to ensure goal achievement
- Highly effective cross-functional Team Player
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Good knowledge of Office 365
- Availability for short and frequent business trips in UK and abroad
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time