- Confers with management personnel to adhere to production and quality control standards, budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Works with Engineering to develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Investigate and solve quality issues and/or serve as a point of contact through which quality issues can be solved
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Establishes and plans manpower requirements to ensure on time delivery.
- Promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture enforcing safety standards that include housekeeping objectives, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards, addressing unsafe conditions and championing MESH element(s).
- Champion continuous improvement efforts throughout the facility
- Lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton corporation policies and plant policies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience in a Manufacturing or Operations environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Middlesex, NC facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience in a Manufacturing or Operations environment.
- Experience leading and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, strongly preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time