Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Specialist, Business Analysis for our Business Intelligence Center of Excellence (BICOE) team. The Business Analyst will possess expertise in business analysis tools and techniques and extensive experience in enterprise-wide process and technology transformations and implementations. The ideal candidate has experience with analytics, master data management programs, and ERP implementations. The candidate will provide thought leadership in driving project objectives forward. This position is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio or Moon Township, PA; no relocation is being offered.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an IT Specialist, Business Analysis you will:
- Estimate project work, defining business requirements, planning and approach, stakeholder assessment, plan, facilitate requirements elicitation workshops/interviews, perform analysis of requirements, manage traceability of requirements through design, development, validation and warranty, and the ability to lead change management activities, UAT, test scripts and planning.
- Plan the business analysis approach, deliverables, and planning estimates for medium to large projects of increasing complexity. Partner with PM and project team to align on best way to manage requirements.
- Conduct requirements gathering activities, asses requirements to ensure they fall within the solution, make recommendations on process improvements. Ask meaningful questions that help to move the business process forward.
- Drive the approach and development of use cases and test scenarios with the customer to ensure user acceptance testing is complete and validates that project requirements have been achieved.
- Own the testing strategy and ensures that proper communication around the testing expectations have been clearly communicated to all participants.
- Analyze, prioritize and organize requirements to ensure efforts focus on the most critical needs, model requirements to demonstrate process and or solution function, and validate that the requirements support the delivery of value.
- Learn and apply design thinking methodology principles on projects including creating current state diagrams, gathering requirements in an empathetic manner, create mock-ups within the Balsamiq tool, understand visualizations and when to use them to help data tell a story, create a vision for future state reporting that eliminates current state pain points.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Beachwood, OH will be considered.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Analytical tools, master data management tools and ERP knowledge preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time