Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions division is currently seeking a Firmware Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Plymouth, MN site.
We are looking for a motivated professional with strong skills in embedded software development, a good understanding of software architecture, communication technologies, and good team communication skills. The primary responsibility of the firmware engineer will be developing intelligent software devices used in the electric power industry. Success in this position requires the ability to work efficiently in multi-site teams, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will...
- Develop and manage product life cycles and product line road map, serving primary product expert and liaison between marketing and engineering/manufacturing.
- Design, implement and test control algorithms, protocols and communications technologies.
- Develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements, design documentation and test plan.
- Develop, communicate, and manage the prioritization of AMI marketing requirements documents describing AMI product functionality requests from customers and prospects considering market trends.
- Support the development of all product collaterals, pricing structures, samples, and working with Product Line Managers, Marketing Managers, and Marcomm for PR, advertising, tradeshow and customer testimonial development
- Guide the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including technical documentation, application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentation content and demos
- Establish and maintain hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitors including business model, solutions, and products.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 months experience with embedded C/C++ from an internship/co-op/leadership development program.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Plymouth, MN will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in developing RF networking technologies including WiFi, Bluetooth/BLE, Cellular, Zigbee.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with embedded software development in C/C++
- Experience with full life cycle software development including requirements, design, development, and testing
- Experience in Embedded Linux.
- Experience in Agile design methodologies.
- Experience in version control such as Git or SVN.
- Experience in embedded technologies such as ARM processors.
- Experience writing safety critical code.
- Ability to travel up to10%
- Ability to work with a team of lead engineers to develop features in embedded devices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time