Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Roanoke, Virginia location.
The Production Planner Scheduler will develop and maintain short and long-term master plans and perform all required duties related to planning, scheduling, purchasing, and expediting for specified families of products. They will be responsible to maximize customer service, minimize inventory investment, and make efficient use of purchased resources. Daily work will include releasing orders for manufacture, purchase, and assembly departments and will involve coordination with other Crouse-Hinds facilities. They will also follow standardized practices, policies, and procedures with minimal supervision, and select alternative methods where appropriate to achieve service and investment goals. A self-starting person with solid computer, analytical and organization skills will thrive in this role.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage a complement of finished goods, components and raw materials ensuring that parts are available for the customer on time with the least amount of inventory stocked, using SAP.
- Monitor incoming customer orders, shipments, forecast, backlog, inventory, and customer service by product family and in total.
- Manage inventory at all levels to ensure annual goals in dollars and turns are met and materials are not created in excess of valid requirement.
- Maintain finished goods at levels at or above annual customer service goals for the unit.
- Maintain all planning material master data in SAP, including lot sizes, safety stocks, material replenishment types, lead times in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Use Excel and other software packages to periodically generate reorder points and rounding values for reorder point items
- Perform purchasing execution activities for required sub-components and raw materials.
- Place purchase orders on time from system generated signals and in response to non-linear “impact” order sizes. Contact and interact with vendors to communicate delivery expectations, forecasts, design changes, etc.
- Ensure purchasing PIR lead times and material master lead times match and are correct.
- Recommend blanket order applications, and work with Sourcing to set-up and manage them.
- Resolve packing slip and “Blocked” invoice errors that prevent or delay receipt of goods or supplier payment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of six (6) to twelve (12) months of SAP or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of six (6) to twelve (12) months of direct planning /scheduling experience is required.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Roanoke, Virginia to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
· Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics or Engineering.
· Two (2) years manufacturing experience working as a planner or scheduler.
· Two to five (2-5) years SAP experience
· Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No