Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Switchboard Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Switchboard Technicians is responsible for accurately interpreting customer supplied drawings, specifications and notes and translating them into drawings and bills-of-material for internal customers in Manufacturing and Purchasing, as well as external customers
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepare switchboard manufacturing information (MI) utilizing Bid Manager, Design Automation (DA) and AutoCAD to meet customer requirements.
- Create or edit bills of material to insure correct material demand requirements for purchased and self-manufactured components.
- Identify and design any special fabricated parts required using ACAD and 3-D CAD modeling systems (Auto-Desk Inventor, etc.), insuring that MI’s are completed and the material is routed accordingly to the appropriate assembly team. (Backup for Satellite Support team)
- Load electronic copies of all required manufacturing information into ENOVIA via Plant Order Manager to allow for retrieval by both internal and external customers.
- Provide input to Bid Man development team on design and pick table enhancements.
- Support and assist assembly teams in resolution of process and/or information quality problems.
- Work closely with engineers, through order reviews and process improvements, to ensure accurate interpretation of customer supplied order information.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Associates degree in Applied Science majoring in Engineering Graphics Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- High school diploma or GED AND a minimum of one year of work experience on generating Bill of Materials and drafting 2D drawings for assembly
- High school diploma or GED AND a minimum of three years of work experience assembling electrical distribution equipment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of Sumter, SC (50 miles) will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with Autodesk.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience focused primarily on drafting and manufacturing information generation.
- Working knowledge of systems, tools and processes as they apply to Sumter switchboard processes (Bid Manager, Plant Order Manager, OMS and other AS400 programs)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and take initiative to solve problems.
- Highly analytical and detail orientated with a focus on process improvement.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No