Eaton’s Aerospace Group, Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division, has an opening for a Program Manager for the Grand Rapids EMA IRAD team. This position will be based in Grand Rapids, MI.
This position will be in support of Eaton Aerospace’s new technology development strategy for electro-mechanical actuation and hydraulics. The PM will be responsible for establishing and implementing strategies for improving organizational capability and execution. Develop and improve processes, standards and working instructions and institutionalize these processes in order to manage new technology and innovation activities in an efficient manner.
The Program Manager leads the Platform, Site or Business Unit Program Management Team to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and business relationships.
- Champion IPT leadership across the Platform or Division site/business unit. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division.
- Lead junior Project and/or Program Managers assigned to the Platform Program or site / business unit.
- Provide overall Program or site / business unit interface with the customer. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure adequate support to the program teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintain metrics for programs and contracts for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Coordinate all risks and requirements of the program portfolio. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects and programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Manage customer contracts, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- Provide periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, group and sector levels.
- Play a key role in developing New business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Seek team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback on performance indicators.
- Coordinate and monitors a One Eaton Aerospace program technical team across multiple sites.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of the commodity and sub-commodity marketplace, including in Low Cost Regions
- Ability to get results, self-starter and good decision making skills.
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Candidate will have experience working on early TRL, MRL and CRL programs
- Candidate will have first hand knowledge of Agile Methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Science, or Business Administration
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Program Management, Engineering and/or New Product Development.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Management of Program Managers, Engineering and/or New Product Development.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must reside with 50 miles of the hiring facility.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Masters in Engineering from an accredited institution preferred
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly preferred
- Prior experience in Aerospace New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Prior experience in Aerospace IRAD programs (early technology development)
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Experience in Risk Management
- Broad knowledge of the Aerospace industry
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time