Eaton‘s Power Distribution Division Headquarter Vienna has an opening for a:
Location: Vienna, Austria
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Product Manager is responsible for setting the product vision and strategy. Your role is to clearly articulate the business value to the “New Product Development” (NPD) team so the different stakeholders understand the intent behind the new product or product release. The Product Manager owns the strategy behind the product and its roadmap and must work with the all the functions involved to build what matters.
Within the Power Distribution Division, the Electrical Systems & Services unit is responsible for IEC systems. The Product Management department reports to the Pre-Order and & Product Line Director Systems.
The Product Manager defines the features and requirements necessary to deliver a complete product to market. The product manager is responsible for articulating the “what” and working with NPD program management to determine the “when”.
As a product manager, you are the main actor driving the product family lifecycle. As product manager, you are responsible for making product decisions (portfolio: additions or rationalization) and you are often the lead resource for the rest of the organization when deeper product expertise is required. This includes supporting the organizations that work directly with customers—namely sales and business support. The product manager is also profit and loss responsible and sets the pricing targets.
The product manager works closely together with the Electrical Systems & Services Marketing team to align the product portfolio to the needs of the target segments and channel strategies (route to market). The product manager also supports Marketing in creating the desired market communication.
- Develop and implement the IEC Low Voltage Assemblies strategy
- Take part in the team responsibility to achieve the set goals for sales, profitability, new product introductions and product portfolio.
- Measure, manage and drive the relevant products’ performance with focus on end to end profitability according to plan and forecast.
- Identify and understand the customers’ needs, the competitive environment as well as market trends for products and applications.
- Define the product roadmap and drive product development based on customers’ feedback for new products and upgrades, manage the product life cycle with transitioning the systems to the inactive stage with the services (and aftermarket) group.
- Implement, coordinate and conduct new product development
- Define competitive product costs & price positioning.
- Drive efficiency and cost out programs.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or engineering and 3-5 years’ experience in a B2B environment
- Proven communication skills and willingness to learn.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment, intercultural understanding
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken), German is a plus
- Interest in technical products
- Knowledge of applications in Low Voltage distribution networks (switchgear, transformers)
- Challenging projects in a dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Depending on the qualification, we offer a compensation according to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement of the electrical and electronics industry in the respective employment group taking into account the years of service in the respective employment group, willingness to overpay depending on the relevant professional experience and qualification.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time