Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Specialist IT Project Manager - Time&Labor
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Position will involve deployment of EATON PTL strategic systems in various locations/countries throughout the EMEA region (internal customers). Ability to tightly partner with Vendors on delivery, and have proven Organizational Change Management abilities to drive adoption and transformation. Sensitivity to Shared Service Center models is a plus.
Projects would typically range from 6 to 15 months, and $300k to $800k
On average 3-5 projects concurrently.
Your key deliverables :
- Draft the project charter; ensure requirements are aligned with the scope and approved by the sponsor
- Work with resource managers to staff projects. Define and communicate roles for project team
- Develop the project plan with direct input from stakeholders that details the work break down structure, critical path, resources, and effort. Ensure stakeholders are committed to the plan
- Establish project budget; capital hardware, software, and labor; expense labor and non-labor
- Develop risk management plans; identify risks and develop respective mitigation and contingency plans. Define the risk reserve and incorporate it into the project plan
- Execution and Control
- Manage employee, contractor, and supplier deliverables to ensure the project is completed on time per the schedule approved at Gate 2
- Ensure all requirements have been validated (i.e., traceability matrix) and ensure the user acceptance tests have been developed, approved, and executed to successful completion prior to going live
- Manage the project budget; track effort and green dollar spend; correlate actuals and forecast to the plan (burn rate)
- Lead communications with key stakeholders. Monitor and report on schedule and budget variances. Ensure all communications related to implementation are completed
- Document and drive issues through resolution; escalate to customer, supplier, and Eaton management as necessary
- Continually manage risk to reduce the impact or likelihood of occurrence
- Develop and manage the implementation plan including production verification. Manage issues at go-live and through warranty period
- Ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders, and all invoices are received and processed
- Lead and document lessons learned with all pertinent stakeholders, review missed estimates with resource managers
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on payroll or/and time & labor – than please apply.
- 5-7 years previous Project Management work experience
- Subject Matter Expertise: Payroll, Time & Labor
- Experience in working with or for major Vendors in the PTL domain (Success Factor, Kronos, Oracle, Workdays, IBM, SAP, NGA …)
- Knowledge of Northgate Arinso solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Central solutions is a plus.
- Experience in working with other corporate functions is a plus (Finance, Tax, Legal, HR...)
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time