Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As an Advanced Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for simulations, designing, developing and testing of power circuits, focused mostly on short circuit behavior, gate drivers. You will be a member of the global Power Electronics (PE) Center of Excellence (CoE) team and will report to the power electronics team leader.
Your key deliverables :
• Leads power electronics design and development activities and demonstrates start-finish ownership for the assigned project and task; performs modeling, simulation and design of power electronics circuits
• Analyzes data and information to improve/optimize the design to meet requirements in performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability
• Creates technical reports and presentations
• Collaborates with power electronics, mechanical, thermal, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the design
• Stays current with the latest electronics circuit technologies and applies knowledge to power conversion and protection applications.
• Mentors, assigns tasks and determines priority for project team members as needed
• Master´s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of experience in power electronics design
• Skills in modelling and simulation using such tools as Matlab, Spice
• Strong understanding of circuit theory, containing power electronics
• Communication-focused with good relationship building and communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to tackle diverse problems
• Willing to learn new skills, knowledge, industry, or products
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Ph.D. in electrical engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in designing cutting-edge electronics
• Experience in applying DfR and DfM methods, worst case analysis
What Eaton offers:
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureau typical for corporate environment.
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others.
• Annual bonus, multisport card, cycling and sport friendly environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time