Eaton’s Industrial Sector is seeking a Compensation Specialist. The Compensation Specialist position will be located in Beachwood, OH.
The primary function of this role is to contributes to the design, development, deployment and analysis application of global compensation programs for the Industrial Sector businesses including Aerospace, Hydraulics, Vehicle, and eMobility Business Groups.
In this function you will:
- Provide analytical and implementation support in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of compensation programs including base pay and variable pay elements for salaried employees on a global basis
- Manage, report, and improve the Eaton employee recognition systems and processes (E-STAR)
- Act as an expert resource and coordinates the annual merit review and VPP process/tools (HCC) for all Industrial Sector businesses and locations.
- Design, develop and deliver compensation related educational and communication programs including presentations, seminars and webcasts.
- Perform and develop analytical reporting related to current state HRMS compensation data, APP (US), competitive and internal equity across the regions.
- Perform and develop analytical reporting related to Executive Compensation Programs for Sector and Group review. Manages Executive Incentive Compensation program for the Sector including EIC plans set up, Data audit and planning process in coordination with the Group Comp leaders.
- Manage and Coordinate Sector wide projects partnering with the Group Comp Leaders.
- Support job evaluation and job banding processes and provides analytics that assure validity and consistency across the sector
- Support in development of new reward/compensation systems and programs across all employee groups (i.e. variable pay, sales incentive, etc.)
- Support pay-for-performance initiatives, and develops analytics that reflect current state pay-for performance
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Position requires minimum 5 years of compensation and/or Human Resources experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit will be provided. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Beachwood, OH. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Masters in Business, Finance, HR, or related field from an accredited institution
- GRP, CCP or other recognized C&B certification
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management Systems (Oracle) is a plus
- Must possess excellent analytical abilities and expert Excel skills.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization and ability to get results.
- Must be proficient in Word, use of created databases and PowerPoint.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time