Eaton’s Hydraulic division is currently seeking an Operational Excellence Manager to join our leadership team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for coordinating the implementation of EBS (Eaton Business System) for the Jackson facility. The position provides overall management of the Operational Excellence function by driving business metrics through Eaton Quality System, Eaton Lean Six Sigma, and Eaton Business System implementation, among other EBS tools. This role supports and leads initiatives for Jackson including Cost out, and capital implementation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential – and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Directs and aligns Operational Excellence resources (quality, supplier quality, lean) to exceed monthly business, quality, and customer objectives (Sales, OTD, CONC, productivity, safety, DPPM, etc.). Drives core functional excellence in implementing EBS Operational Excellence: Eaton Business System, Eaton Quality System, Eaton Lean Six Sigma, and other world-class operation management techniques. Supporting roles in PROLaunch, SCM, and MESH systems.
- Responsible for the deployment of the Quality Management System in alignment with Eaton Quality System (EQS), and ISO 9001 Certification. Responsible for Warranty, Customer Quality, and Agency Certifications. Serve as the Management Representative per the Quality Manual.
- Develops/executes strategic plans for implementation of lean culture in alignment with the Eaton Lean Six Sigma System (ELSS). Drives the change management necessary to implement effective lean manufacturing operations. Ensures proper execution of ELSS Tools Based and Performance Based Assessments.
- Lead Eaton Business System implementation and EBE Assessment. Ensures business and manufacturing processes are deployed consistently throughout the facility.
- Supports new product development systems (PROLaunch NPD), supplier sourcing, (PROLaunch ESSP), and manufacturing footprint (PROLaunch STP) for input of quality and operational information.
- Direct the OPEX function to meet plant objectives and drive Operational Excellence. Responsible for the collection of data and reporting appropriate OPEX measures to the Jackson BSC. Analyzes key productivity, quality, and customer metrics and established actions for improvement.
- Implements effective measurement tools associated with continuous improvement and cost out. Contributes heavily in the identification of cost-out ideas, the implementation of them, as well as the tracking and reporting.
- Drive continuous improvement of supplier quality performance. Drives supplier preventative and corrective actions.
- Participates on appropriate councils with Hydraulics, Corporate groups and the surrounding community to benchmark best practices.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Manufacturing or Operations Environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Continuous Improvement, Quality, or Manufacturing engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing a team of people
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson Michigan will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Masters Degree
- Six Sigma Certification
- CQM or CQE
- Business Process Improvement and/or Value Stream Mapping Facilitator
- EBE Assessment Experience
- Strong lean manufacturing system experience including training, planning and implementation of tools
- Position requires strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools/methods (six sigma, 8D, QOS and other) and Balanced Scorecard goal setting process
- Understands quality management systems and cost of quality
- Strong financial skills with understanding of budgets and cost drivers
- Strong communication skills and comfort with facilitating teams/groups and working with all levels in the organization
- Strong leadership skills to manage projects and drive for results with the ability to plan, organize and build effective teams, and motivate others.
- Innovative mind-set and ability to facilitate team sessions.
- Green Belt in Six Sigma while understanding the role of quality and variation reduction in driving operational improvement
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time