Eaton is currently seeking a Custom Order Product Specialist to join our team! This position is based at our Milton, ON facility.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Custom Order Product Specialist will provide timely and accurate drawings, materials information, engineering, pre and post shipment product support (technical, application, etc.) for Marketing, General Sales Force (GSF), Customer Service, Electrical Systems & Services (EESS) and plant manufacturing. He/She will review incoming orders and ensure product compliance to design intent through the manufacturing process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Review incoming orders for the accuracy of design and compliance to customer specifications and resolving potential discrepancies.
- Support the commercial aspects of the order, which may include meeting with internal/external customers to approve/revise drawings, support final inspections and/or witness tests and provide customers with documentation packages.
- Provide technical and engineering support for complex products to production, marketing, customer service, sales force, field service teams, warranty administrator and customers.
- Prepare approval/construction/as built drawings.
- Generate and maintain bills of material in ERP system, incorporating any customer changes.
- Development of custom Made to Order (MTO) components and assemblies as required using appropriate modelling software i.e. Inventor.
- Align priorities to capacity planning tool milestone dates, ensuring timely upkeep.
- Coordination and successful execution of assigned Engineered to Order (ETO) or Configured to Order (CTO) product orders, adhering to project timelines while effectively managing multiple and complex projects.
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) particularly the “Duties of Workers” as stated in Section 28, Workplace Safety Insurance Act (WSIB) and any other Eaton policies or procedures.
- Comply with EQS (Eaton Quality System) policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System).
- Comply with ISO 9001 policies and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
- Degree in Engineering or Diploma in Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience in the manufacture of power distribution assemblies
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 km of Milton, ON will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Electrical educational background is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience in the manufacture of low voltage power distribution assemblies.
- C.E.T. or P.Eng. designation an asset
- Competency in using MS-Office, AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor
- Experience with PLC or HMI programming
- Understanding of design for manufacture and lean/six sigma principles
- Understanding and experience using and interpreting the Canadian Electrical Code
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Six sigma black belt would be an asset
- Self-motivated, energetic and capable of working in a very fast pace environment with minimal supervision or as part of a team and taking direction
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written. French is an asset.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time