Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Moon Township, PA (Pittsburgh, PA) facility.
Eaton’s Connected Services and Solutions team accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected applications used to monitor, interact and control equipment deployed at customers’ sites. The center uses a combination of business specific components and reusable platforms, processes, and services to develop, validate and deploy solutions.
If you are an experienced software professional with the desire to work on projects leveraging the latest software technologies and trends such as IoT, NoSQL, big data, open source, DevOps, microservices, mobile, and cybersecurity, this is the position for you! Not only will you be working with some amazing technology, you’ll also be part of an dedicated team of software professionals working to make an immediate organizational impact by delivering new and exciting products to our customers.
Eaton is an industry leader in offering solar, wind and electric vehicle charging solutions. We are uniquely positioned to help make alternative energy projects a success and need your skills and expertise as we continue to grow our IoT offerings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of an Internet of Things platform. Development will be primarily in Java, ReactJS, C#, and Python.
- Author high-quality, high-performance, unit-tested code.
- Demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- Provide work estimates and facilitate design, implementation, and code reviews.
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery.
- Maintain job knowledge by studying software development techniques and programming languages. Participate in educational opportunities and read professional publications.
- Work with test teams to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs; create automated test scripts.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve end-user problems.
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
- Recommend software tools to management and architecture teams.
- Work with and mentor junior developers
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 years in the software industry
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Moon Township, PA facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with dynamic web application frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, React, etc)
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols and concepts (websockets, http, tcp, mqtt, amqp)
- Working knowledge of one other programming language (Java, C#, C++, Python, etc.)
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time