Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Lead Financial Analyst to join our team in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
The Lead Analyst for the Power Systems Division (PSD) supports a profitable business with annual sales of $1B in decision-enabling processes by providing comprehensive analysis and financial reporting to internal customers across multiple organizational levels.
Responsibilities include Month End Closing and Balance Sheet reviews and reconciliations, supporting internal and external audits as well as Plant operations.
This position will operate as a key partner to the PRD and PDRD senior management, Plant Managers and Plant Controllers and needs to establish strong cross functional relationships with support teams within the PRD and PDRD Business.
The PSD Analyst works collaboratively with marketing, operations and plant controllers supporting audits, account reconciliations, and closing support. This role offers: great visibility for a high potential analyst seeking their next challenge to accelerate learning and professional growth, focusing in on overall division analytics and serving as a key finance business partner to various functions within the division, providing a key development step on a career path towards a future plant controller or other finance leadership role.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated critical thinker, highly analytical, process improvement oriented, who demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results in fast-paced team environment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
In this function you will:
- Complete regular financial processes for the business including preparation and review of balance sheet account reconciliations, month-end closing entries, processing Intracompany AP and AR transactions and resolving B.S. aging issues and more.
- Support other financial processes for the business including purchase recapture tax, freight analysis and accrual, FOB Destination analysis and similar tasks as assigned.
- Assists in development and maintaining Balance Sheet Peer Review and red flag reports and various annual controls such as Segregation of Duties and User Access Reviews.
- Take the lead on several aspects of Intracompany A/P and A/R as well as other risk accounts to ensure minimum aging. Coordinate cost transfer initiatives and coordinate requirements with key players across the organization.
- Support plant controllers in the effective implementation of accounting policies, practices and internal controls, and support them in the event of Audits and 2nd level BSR.
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency, and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports. Respond to internal and external audits timely and ensure continued plant compliance with SOX requirements.
- Support/lead process improvement projects. Work in a team environment with other analysts and financial colleagues to streamline and drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation and standardization.
- Assist with cross functional interactions between Sales, Marketing, SCM and Logistics teams in order to ensure an effective process focused on managing Balance Sheet accounts and risks.
- Establish strong relationship with peers across the operations and functional finance teammates within Eaton. Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance or accounting function
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Waukesha, Wisconsin will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated ability to manage risks and improve processes and increase efficiencies.
- SAP and Hyperion HFM skills. Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial analysis, Balance Sheet account review, and risk control experience.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No