Eaton’s Crouse Hinds Division is currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Amarillo, TX facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct manufacturing functions for assigned departments to insure production of quality products.
- You will meet planned production goals at budgeted cost and acceptable quality levels.
- You will direct supervisors in reviewing production schedules for better coordination and cooperation with Materials.
- You will determine manpower and expense levels necessary to satisfy the production level in the business plan.
- You will assure maintenance of manufacturing skills and manufacturing methods required to minimize manufacturing scrap annually.
- You will plan within Group personnel required, flexibility of skilled utilization and proper staffing to meet production schedules.
- You will review and recommend improved techniques and processes to obtain optimum production at lower costs.
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Minimum 7 years in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience developing and using productivity metrics
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem-solving methodologies
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time