Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Category Manager (EMEA) - Sheet Steel
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
You will be managing the Steel Sheet spend for EMEA Region for at the Enterprise Level - spend close to $40 MM.
Negotiating Commercial Pricing/ Long Term Agreements/MSA’s for supply into multiple EATON locations and with suppliers in the EMEA Region.
Development and deployment of Commodity and supplier-specific strategies in the sheet steel commodity.
Your key deliverables :
- Works closely with sheet steel suppliers to make sure that Eaton plants are supplied at all times at the most competitive price.
- Negotiates and manages steel supplier contracts in the EMEA region.
- Ensures that key metrics for the procurement function (Cost Out, DPO, Diversity Spend, etc.) are achieved.
- Develops and executes a steel sourcing strategy at the Eaton Enterprise level.
- Maintains high level relationship with suppliers and key stakeholders within Eaton.
- Reviews both economic and market trends and advises the businesses on best sourcing strategies for carbon and electrical steel.
- Ensures that high level of quality and deliver performance is maintained by suppliers at all times.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on category management– than please apply.
- Bachelor's degree (with an M.B.A. preferred but not a must)
- 5-6 years experience in category management or purchasing
- Background in Carbon sheet steel and Electrical Steel preferred
- Negotiation, Presentation and Influencing Skills
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time