Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Planner to join our first shift team. This position will be based at our brand new El Paso, TX facility.
The Planner will be responsible for the procurement, pull, flow, expediting of material and identification and resolution of materials issues and shortages within the plant consistent with operating objectives. Works with Buyers, Staggers, Steel Clerks, Assembly Technicians, production, and suppliers to assure the effective operation of the Kanban and AML system. Assist in implementing ELS (Lean Manufacturing) techniques throughout the plant and division as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain a high level of responsiveness to our internal and external customers
- Purchase Kanban and AML material via MRP through MAPICS and AS400, including material purchases for the CMSC’s
- Interpret data to make the right purchasing or planning decisions
- Expedite materials with suppliers to improve dates to meet customer needs, via email, Vista, and phone
- Submit and resolve Change Management Workflows
- Resolve invoice holds within 30 days
- Review MCC schedule and provide updates in production meetings
- Maintain the Kanban system: order sizing, stock levels, part set up, part deletion
- Proactively manage potential material shortages via MATSYNC (PO past dues, PO critical overdues, PO no promise dates, PO review)
- Conduct 5s and lean activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience OR possess a completed degree in business or a related field
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the El Paso, TX facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Previous supply chain related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Possess basic knowledge of electrical controls
- Experience working with MAPICS systems, Inventory Transactions, and Kanban System.
- Strong organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time